[Wrf-users] Better strategy to compress wrf output files

Agnes Mika agnes.mika at bmtargoss.com
Wed Apr 25 00:55:53 MDT 2012

Hallo Ahmad,

 I think the best way is to limit the number of the variables in the
 archived files.

 You can limit your direct output from WRF to only the variables you'd
 like to keep by modifying the registry (see the WRF manual).

 Another option is to leave WRF as it is and write a script which does
 the archiving, for example by using the NCO operators (ncks in this
 case) to cut out the variables you want to keep.

Greetings,
Agnes

--

Dr. Ágnes Mika
Advisor Meteorology and Air Quality

Tel:        +31 (0)527-242299
Fax:        +31 (0)527-242016
E-mail:     agnes.mika at bmtargoss.com
Website:    www.bmtargoss.com

BMT ARGOSS b.v.

Voorsterweg 28, 8316 PT Marknesse, the Netherlands
Postal address: P.O. Box 61, 8325 ZH Vollenhove, the Netherlands

Registered in The Netherlands, Registered no. 39060160.

Unless otherwise agreed by BMT ARGOSS in writing, all work, services,
goods or products supplied by BMT ARGOSS shall be subject to and
governed by BMT ARGOSS' own terms and conditions which are available
for inspection from BMT ARGOSS on request.

----Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer----

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the
use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you
are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to copy it,
forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system. BMT ARGOSS does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or
its attachments which arise as a result of internet transmission, nor
accept liability for statements which are those of the author and
clearly not made on behalf of BMT ARGOSS.