[Wrf-users] writing intermediate file...

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 23:20:47 MST 2012

Hi, I am a WRF user from Malaysia,

Firstly, thank you for the help regarding a previous problem of mine
(Flerchinger USEd in NEW version):

My question is, regarding pressure values in WRF intermediate file,
like in this link:
http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/OnLineTutorial/NMM/WPS/IM_mm5.php

So if you look at that link, the 2 pressure values (200100 Pa and 201300 Pa),

I know that variables such as T at 2 metresand U V at 10 metres
should have pressure value : 200100 Pa,
but what about variables: MSLP (mean sea level pressure), SFCP (Surface pressure), SST, Skin temperature.
I am a bit confused about the physical meaning of some of these.. so sorry for these questions...

Thanks,
regards,
Ardie