[Wrf-users] Installation/LES/CLWRF

Andrew Robbie (GMail) andrew.robbie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:02:48 MDT 2011

Hi Jason,

The WRF UCAR website describes the prerequisites quite well, but briefly:
    - gcc and/or other compilers (e.g. Intel and PGI compilers)
    - HDF5
    - NetCDF 4
    - Jasper
    - Proj4
    - szip
    - udunits2
    - zlib

You will probably also need:
    - NCL
    - Vapor
    - ncview
    - nco

When you say "runs smoothest with LES" I presume you mean the LES code
in WRF? In which case I would say the latest version of WRF, v3.3.
Make sure to apply all the patches or you will likely experience
frustration.

Re clWRF, no experience with it, but it says it is a patch against
3.1.1 so you would have to use that version unless they have validated
their changes against a newer version.

Regards,
Andrew