[Wrf-users] WRF NMM latlon mismatch error

Rodrigo Delgado Urzúa rdelgado at dim.uchile.cl
Wed May 18 08:47:48 MDT 2011

Dear All,

I am trying to run a WRF (version 3.2.1) NMM simulation with 3
telescoping domains. WPS stage (geogrid, ungrib and metgrid runs are OK;
plotgrids gmeta file shows an apparently correct domain configuration)
and real_nmm runs without problems (wrfinput* and wrfbdy* files are in
place).

When I try to run wrf.exe the following message appears:

   SOME MATCHING TEST i_parent_start, j_parent_start          36          84
  WRFSI LAT      COMPUTED LAT
    -41.19375      -35.02003
  WRFSI LON      COMPUTED LON
    -76.28421      -75.00367
  CHECK WRFSI CONFIGURATION AND INPUT HIGH RESOLUTION TOPOGRAPHY AND/OR
GRID RATIO
  FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  NMM_NEST_UTILS1.b  LINE:    2169
  LATLON MISMATCH: ERROR READING static FILE FOR THE NEST

The domain dimensions set in namelist.input file are exactly the same as
configured in previous stages. I have met_nmm* and geo_nmm* files in place.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Rodrigo