[Wrf-users] vertical levels

claudio cortes claudiomet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 06:19:58 MST 2010

Thanks. In effects I'm using now ARWpost for this.
The other method is changing some options in the namelist.input in WRF
Is there any problem using ARWpost, or the result is the same in WRF
namelist.input modification?

Cheers

2010/2/9 alberto giacomini <albi.jk at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM, claudio cortes <claudiomet at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > I installed and ran WRF with no problems.
> > For to view the output I use ARWpost to convert de WRF output to GrADS
> > input.
> > The problem is, the vertical levels (z and LEV) are in km when I try to
> > display in GrADS, and I need the vertical levels in pressure units (like
> the
> > classical output of GFS gribs).
> > How can I obtain vertical levels in pressure units ?
>
> Dear Claudio,
>  you have to list pressure levels in hPa in the interp_section of
> namelist.ARWpost.
> Look at
> http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3.1/users_guide_chap9.htm#_ARWpost_2
>
> alberto

Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologo
Laboratorio de Meteorologia y Pronostico de la Calidad del Aire (LMPCA)
Unidad de Modelacion y Gestion de la Calidad del Aire (UMGCA)
Centro Nacional del Medio Ambiente (CENMA)

--
Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologist
Meteorology and Air Quality Forecast Labs
Modeling and Air Quality Management Unit
National Enviroment Center, Chile (CENMA)