[Wrf-users] Format for Observational Nudging

Waylon.Collins Waylon.Collins at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 13 10:25:25 MDT 2009

David,

Yes, go ahead and send me the modified software that will allow me to
convert from WMO BUFR to little_r. Thanks.

It appears that the NCAR Data Support Section maintains an archive that
updates monthly. I need an archive that updates hourly (I am conducting
WRF-ARW runs to support forecast operations.) If I had software to
convert from netCDF to WMO BUFR, I can at least use the hourly netCDF
-formatted surface observation METAR (Aviation Routine Weather Report)
files for which I have access. Any idea where I can locate software to
convert from netCDF to WMO BUFR?

Again, thanks.

Waylon

--