[Wrf-users] Gaussian input data ungrib

Daniel van Dijke D.vanDijke at weer.nl
Mon Mar 23 07:18:23 MDT 2009

Hi,

Normally I'm using data on a regular lat-lon grid as input for ungrib, but could it also be possible to use gaussian input data?

When I tried this I got the following message:

wrf at wrf1:~/WRF3/WPS$ ./ungrib.exe

*** Starting program ungrib.exe ***

Start_date = 2009-03-01_00:00:00 , End_date = 2009-03-01_06:00:00

output format is WPS

Path to intermediate files is ./

ungrib - grib edition num 1

Unknown ksec2(4): 50

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x00000000005f92d0 ***

Segmentation fault

Does anybody have any experience with this issue?

cheers,

Daniël

  Daniël van Dijke

  Junior Meteorological Researcher

  Meteo Consult BV, Wageningen, the Netherlands

  Tel: +31 (0)317 399874

  Email: Daniel at weer.nl

This e-mail is from Meteo Consult B.V., a MeteoGroup company. For more information, see http://www.weer.nl/gebruiksvoorwaarden.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of MeteoGroup.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.