[Wrf-users] Anyone know of a vortex bogusing scheme available for WRF ARW ?

Alex Fierro iwonagain at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:31:32 MDT 2008

Greetings:

After learning that WRF ARW does not have a Vortex bogusing scheme, I was
wondering if anyone in the community would have a vortex bogusing scheme
available for WRF ARW 2.2 ? I know that GFDL data has some kind of bogus
vortex implemented on top of its data. Unfortunately one has no control over
the size, depth, strength..etc of that vortex (unlike MM5).

Cheers and thank you very much in advance for your help,

Alex-

Alexandre Fierro, PhD
Post-Doctoral National Academy of Sciences Research Associate/
Hurricane Research Division, Miami, FL (NOAA/AOML)

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute, and its longer than any hour.
That's relativity."
-Albert Einstein-

"My opinions are my own and not representative of OU,
AOML, HRD or any affiliates."