[Wrf-users] time averaging of variables

Manda Adams manda.adams at ucalgary.ca
Mon Apr 21 16:08:34 MDT 2008

Hi,
  I am going to be doing some rather long simulations (~90days) to get at
some seasonal averages.  In order to conserve disk space during these
massive runs, I am hoping to write a script to extract the basic fields
(wind, temp, mixing ratio, etc) from the netcdf as the files are being
written, and create a time averaged dataset.  Since we are mostly
interested in the time averages of the variables, it would save us a lot
of disk space to keep only the time averaged fields and delete the
instantaneous fields.  Has any one else ever tried this?  And if so, do
you have any scripts you would be willing to share?

--
Manda Adams, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow