[Wrf-users] initializing with multiple NAM tiles - resend

David Fitzgerald David.Fitzgerald at millersville.edu
Mon Dec 10 15:02:02 MST 2007

Sorry if you already got this, but my mailer says I sent an empty
message, so I am trying again.

I am trying to use multiple 12km NAM tiles to initialize my WRF model,
since my domain lies across more than one tile.   I am using the newest
version of WPS, and tried to follow the documentation for using multiple
data sets.  I ran ungrib.exe on each tile separately, and gave the
output a unique prefix in the prefix field in namelist.wps.  I then ran
metgrib.exe with the prefixes listed in the fg_name field in
namelist.wps.  Both ungrib.exe and metgrid.exe completed successfully.
However when I run real.exe, I get the following in my rsl.error.0000
file:

                   graupel -- rsl_nproc_all 1, rsl_myproc 0

                   REAL_EM V2.2 PREPROCESSOR

                   DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate

                   d01 2007-12-10_12:00:00 Timing for input          0
s.

                   -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------

                   FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  module_initialize_real.b
LINE:    2916

                   troubles, the interpolating order is too large for
this few input values

                   [cli_0]: aborting job:

                  application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) -
process 0

Can someone help me figure out what the error means, and how to solve
it?

Thanks!

Dave

David Fitzgerald

Department of Earth Sciences

Millersville University

Millersville Pa 17551

Phone: 717-871-2394

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

           --Tolkien