[Wrf-users] 128 characters output path limit in WPS

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Sat Dec 8 06:09:22 MST 2007

Hello,

The output_fname variable in metgrid.exe (for example), which is used to
store the full path of the output file, is limited to 128 characters.
This causes file names to become truncated without warning. Changing

       character (len=128) :: coption, output_fname
       character (len=256) :: coption, output_fname

in output_module.F90 makes no difference. Can I overcome this limit
somehow (I'm using the pgf90 compiler)?

What's confusing is that I can't reproduce the problem myself in a
simple Fortran program - setting len=256 behaves as expected there. Any
ideas?

Regards,
Jan Ploski