[Wrf-users] real.exe fatal error cause in line 189

Nick Szulczewski bitwisenot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:36:46 MDT 2007

I am trying to run real.exe on Linux with PGI compilers. It is a
nested run, and real.exe fails with the following error:

-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: real_em.b LINE: 189
real_em.F: Could not find the parent domain

It seems to handle Domain 1 just fine, and as it starts computing
Domain 2 it gives the error. My namelist.input file has the same
values as the namelist.wps file had (other than changing parent_id,
i_parent_start and j_parent_start from 1 to 0 from WPS to WRF).

Any thoughts on how to fix this error?

-Nick Szulczewski
Student, Department of Physics
Winona State University