[Wrf-users] Evaluating WRFV2.2 results of the conus12km_2001 benchmark

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Thu Aug 23 09:35:45 MDT 2007

Hello,

I (finally) got around to running the conus12km_2001 benchmark
(http://box.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/WG2/bench/conus12km_2001/) using WRFV2.2 in
our cluster. The README recommends running wrfdiff at the end to compare
the actual results against the expected. Well, it produces quite a few
errors of the "Variable not found" sort, and even the Ndifs columns
contain different numbers, not to mention RMSEs.

If someone else already has (or could) also run the conus12km_2001
benchmark using WRFV2.2, I'd be very interested in doing a wrfdiff against
their results in order to gain some confidence that the deviations are due
to the differences in WRFV2.1 (the benchmark's original version) and
WRFV2.2 rather than some "user error". Please drop me a note in that case
so that I can let you download my wrfout_* (or the other way around).
Thank you!

Best regards,
Jan Ploski

--