[Wrf-users] converting nmm outputs to grads

Steve smasters at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 20 13:48:48 MDT 2007

Elif --

Check the total size of your concatenated grib file.  If it is over 2 GB
(2**31-1 or 2147483648 bytes), grads and the associated utilities will
probably not work correctly on the file.  I have had similar problems on
my linux system with some large-grid WRF grib files.

As an alternative to concatenating the files, look at the grads "options
template" directive for the grads control file.  Grads can access a set
of files with a time-based naming convention as if they were one large
file.  You modify the dset and options lines on the ctl file, then run
gribmap.  Be sure to look at the verbose gribmap log to verify that it
is processing the data correctly.  You can then open the ctl file in
grads and view all the files.  You can find more info templates in the
grads documentation at http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/templates.html.

Steve Masters  smasters at cfl.rr.com
Melbourne, FL