[Wrf-users] [WRF] NCEP Data and Geogrid.TBL problem

Gökhan Özkan gfozkan1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 18:34:57 MDT 2007

Hi,

  We have two problems.
  1- We are trying to use WRF-ARW at an intel based multi-processor (x86-64) machine, using linux, PGI compiler (pgf90, pgcc). During the run of geogrid.exe, the process stopped itself after about an hour (killed). when we had a look at the geogrid.log to see what the error was, we saw that interpolation of ALBEDO12M didnt end, and there was some "inform" at some fields (including albedo). we think that there is a problem with the interpolation of these fields.

  We had taken the geog data from wrf-users-download page so we think there is not a problem with it. At last, after trying many things, we tried deleting ALBEDO12M, GREENFRAC, SNOALB, SLOPECAT from the geogrid.TBL file. geogrid.exe was succesful. after that, ungrib.exe, metgrid.exe, real.exe and wrf.exe were succesful. now, we want to run the model with all fields, (with those we have deleted, too) why do you think this happened?

  2- We use ds464.0 and ds353.4 data from http://dss.ucar.edu/catalogs/free.html for 24 - 31 August 1998. When we run WPS from Domain Wizard, after a successful geogrid run, we got an error message at the beginning of ungrib run like we should use Grib1 data. What can be the problem? Is there any free Grib1 data on the internet?

  Thank you for your help.

  Gokhan Ozkan