[Wrf-users] Error in DX and DY when running WRF after WPS

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:16:19 MDT 2007

Just a thought - are any of your dx/dy values in your namelist.input
fractional (e.g. 3333.33)?  I've found that you need to specify these
exactly as they're listed in your wrfinput files.  So, use ncdump to
view your DX/DY values in the wrfinput file, then make sure you list
them in your namelist.input the same way.

As far as WRF (or just about any programming language, for that
matter) is concerned, 1.66667 is not the same as 1.67.

If you're not using fractional dx/dy values, then it still wouldn't hurt
to use ncdump on your wrfinput files to double-check that you
have your namelist.input value specified the same way.

On 3/26/07, Simone Marras <simone.marras at bsc.es> wrote:
> good afternoon,
>
> I am running AWRF after obtaining my preprocessed data with WPS. My Dx, Dy in
> namelist.wps and in namelist.input (from WRF) are the same, but when I
> run ./real.exe I still obtain the error:
>
> BSCCT08 -- rsl_nproc_all 1, rsl_myproc 0
>  REAL_EM V2.2 PREPROCESSOR
>  DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
>  -------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
>  FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  input_wrf.b  LINE:     155
>  DX and DY do not match from the namelist and the input file
> [0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
> [0] Aborting program!
>

> I hope someone can help me
>
> Regards,
>
> Simone Marras