[Wrf-users] Problem with io_grib1.F in WRFVAR_V2.1 on MAC OS 10.4

Hutchinson, Todd thutchinson at wsi.com
Thu Mar 8 07:37:09 MST 2007

Hi,

As far as I know, grib I/O has not been tested with WRFVAR.

In order to get around this problem, you can do the following:

1. remove wrfio_grib1 from the "externals:" line in the configure.wrf
2. remove "-L../external/io_grib1 -lio_grib1" from the WRFLIB line

However, by doing this, you will not have the ability to read/write
grib1 format data.

If you are looking to read/write grib1 format data using WRFVAR, we'll
need to solve the problem.  Your log file has:

/usr/local/bin/cpp   -traditional -C -P -I../../main io_grib1.F -I. | m4
-Uinclude -Uindex -Ulen - > io_grib1.f
ifort  -I. -r8 -assume byterecl -convert big_endian -O2 -FR -cm -w -O2
-mp -I.   -I.  -I../../main -I../../inc -I. -c io_grib1.f
fortcom: Severe: The input stream is empty
compilation aborted for io_grib1.f (code 1)
make[3]: [io_grib1.o] Error 1 (ignored)

We will want to run these commands manually and see the output to
determine the problem.  I suspect that the 'cpp' line is failing and
leaving an empty file as io_grib1.f

Todd