[Wrf-users] re-writing out t=0 WRF forecast file

Case, Jonathan Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov
Mon Feb 26 10:05:51 MST 2007

Dear WRF users,

I'm running a version of the ARW (v2.1.2) coupled to a land surface
model software, which is invoked within the module_surface_driver.F file
beginning with the first model timestep (as well as every subsequent
model timestep) instead of calling one of the standard LSMs.  The
coupled system is set up such that the t=0 wrfout file is written prior
to the call to the special LSM routine.

What I'd like to do is to re-write the t=0 wrfout file after the LSM
routine is called in the first timestep, so that the data obtained from
the LSM call over-ride the initial data in the t=0 wrfout file.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how best to re-write the t=0 wrfout
file with new data after the first timestep has already been called?

I suppose another (possibly simpler) option might be to write out the
WRF data after 1 timestep and then stop the model at that point.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jonathan

Jonathan Case, ENSCO, Inc.

Aerospace Sciences & Engineering Division

Short-term Prediction Research and Transition Center

320 Sparkman Drive, Room 3062

Huntsville, AL 35805-1912

Voice: (256) 961-7504   Fax: (256) 961-7788

Emails: Jonathan.Case at nsstc.nasa.gov

           case.jonathan at ensco.com