[WHPI] New PSP/WHPI observing campaign

Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Thu Feb 3 11:44:44 MST 2022

*February 18th-28th, 2022 Campaign on PSPs 11th encounter*

We are approaching PSP's 11th encounter on February 25th, 2022.
This perihelion is Earth-facing and can be well observed from Earth,
and Solar Orbiter is close by. We expect one low-latitude coronal hole
on the Sun which high-speed stream should be seen by PSP as well as
several active regions on the solar disk. This encounter, we will focus
the observations on the coronal hole and the associated high-speed
stream, on switchbacks and their solar counterparts in the lower
atmosphere, and on flares and the associated energetic particles in the
inner heliosphere. Remote observations of PSP's crossing of the solar
disk will focus on February 24th to 26th, and off-limb observations at
larger distances of PSP to the Sun at the period before and after.

As in previous PSP campaigns, target predictions from the PSP prediction
team will be posted on the WHPI website
<https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/index.php>. They will be available starting on
February 18th and updated through February 28th.

We invite all observatories to take observations and scientists to join and
form collaborations in support of the PSP team during this new
PSP/WHPI campaign.

*WHPI Colloquium *

Please check our website <https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/whpi_colloquia.php> for
the next WHPI colloquium on April 21, 2022. Our speakers will be: Mary
Hudson and Pete Riley.