[WHPI] WHPI Colloquia

Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Wed May 20 18:55:59 MDT 2020

Dear All,
We decided to postpone the First WHPI Workshop planned for September 2020
because of COVID-19. Please check the workshop website
<https://cpaess.ucar.edu/node/14559>for more information and future
updates.

To keep in touch with all of you and to promote discussion and
collaborations across the various heliophysics and planetary disciplines,
we would like to start a series of monthly *Web WHPI Colloquia*. Each
colloquium will consist of two 20-25min presentations + 5-10min for
questions.

The first colloquium will be on *Thursday, June 18 at 9am Pacific Time*:
*Sarah Gibson and  Barbara Thompson* will give an overview of the past
solar minimum initiatives and *David Brain* will talk about space weather
at Mars.

We will email instructions to the WHPI mailing list on how to connect to
our Web Colloquia at a later time and post them on the WHPI website
<https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/whpi_getinvolved.php>as well.

For the future WHPI Colloquia, we would like to ask the community to
suggest topics/speakers and/or volunteer to give a presentation on
subjects related to WHPI in general. Presenting preliminary results from
the WHPI observing campaigns is very welcome. Please email your suggestions
to whpi_help at hao.ucar.edu.

Warmest Regards,
The WHPI Team