[WHPI] WHPI support of PSP 4th Perihelion going LIVE

Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Tue Jan 14 09:44:50 MST 2020

Dear colleagues,

We are approaching the 4th Parker Solar Probe (PSP) perihelion on January
29 2020, when the Earth and many space observatories will be near-radially
aligned with PSP and STEREO A will be near quadrature. This is a
unique opportunity
for coordinated, targeted observations and modeling.

Thank you to the many who have already joined this WHPI campaign. In
particular, those who have sent us information about
<https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/whpi_groundbased.php>supporting observatories
<https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/whpi_groundbased.php> and also those who are
using models to set up predictions that will help target these observations.

The PSP "footpoints" are already visible on the solar disk. We have
information on our webpage about the location of the solar regions that are
expected to be sources of solar wind observed by PSP. We will continue to
post this information until February 4 or until when the PSP "footpoints"
remain connected to the  visible solar disk.

*PLEASE SEE  CAMPAIGN WEB PAGE
<https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/whpi_campaign-cr2226.php> FOR
 TARGET INFORMATION*

We welcome any comments or feedback about what we can do to make this
information as clear and useful as possible.

Thanks to everyone for their help and support. This is going to be an
exciting campaign!

Yours,
The WHPI <https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/index.php> Coordinating team

--