[WHPI] Soliciting WHPI Involvement from the Planetary Community

Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 3 13:50:45 MDT 2019

I'm in!

Bernie

===================
Bernard V. Jackson (mail)
CASS/UCSD 0424
La Jolla, CA 92093-0424
office: 858 534-3358
fax:    858 534-0177
________________________________
From: Whi <whi-bounces at mailman.ucar.edu> on behalf of Whole Heliosphere and Planetary Interactions via Whi <whi at mailman.ucar.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 9:32 AM
To: Whi at mailman.ucar.edu
Subject: [WHPI] Soliciting WHPI Involvement from the Planetary Community

Dear all,

As part of the Whole Heliosphere & Planetary Interactions (WHPI) campaigns, we would like to request an increased level of involvement from the planetary community. One of the main objectives of WHPI is to understand the propagation and evolution of the solar wind and sun’s magnetic field in order to better understand solar-planetary interactions. Therefore, participation from the planetary community may include, for example, upstream solar wind measurements from planetary missions that are currently operating, observations of magnetospheric changes as a function of solar properties, modeling/observations of the impact of solar cycle or solar events on planetary magnetospheres, and more.

The next campaign will run from 29 June 2019 – 26 July 2019 (Carrington Rotation 2219). If you have interest in participating in this collaboration from a planetary standpoint, please contact me directly as we are hoping to facilitate collaborations.

More info on WHPI and the upcoming campaigns can be found at the website: https://whpi.hao.ucar.edu/

Best regards,

Gina

Gina A. DiBraccio, Ph.D.