[tgcmgroup] Questions regarding TIEGCM reference system and setup

Armin Corbin corbin at geod.uni-bonn.de
Wed Jun 19 02:23:19 MDT 2019

Hello,

I have just stared using TIEGCM and have several question that could not
be answered by the documentation.

I want to compare the neutral densities derived from satellite missions
(CHAMP, Grace) with those computed with TIEGCM. Thus, the density
information have to be given in the same reference system. In which
reference system are the  coordinates (lat, lon, ZG/ZGMID) defined? Is
the time given in UTC+0?

I have computed realistic results with the default setup for a quiet
day. However, I was not able to  calculate good results for the
Halloween storm (28–29 Oct 2003, doy:301-302 ). What is the correct
setup for this scenario.  With which setup was the storm benachmark
'tiegcm_res2.5_nov2003_heelis_gpi_prim.nc ' created?

thanks for your help

Armin Corbin

--
Armin Corbin

Astronomical, Physical and Mathematical Geodesy,
Institute for Geodesy and Geoinformation
University of Bonn
Nußallee 15
53115 Bonn, Germany

Telephone: +49(0)22873-2907