[tgcmgroup] Problems compiling TIE-GCM with GNU gfortran

Stan Solomon stans at ucar.edu
Fri May 26 07:55:08 MDT 2017

TGCMgroup -

We have had several reports of people having problems with the scripts
that control compiling the TIE-GCM when using GNU gfortran.  We don't
use gfortran much at NCAR, and can't really support it, but if anybody
has a solution for this, please let us know.

The problems seem to stem from lines 51-54 of the Makefile:

ifeq ($(F90),/usr/bin/gfortran)
   ESMF_F90COMPLIER = $(MPIF90)
   @echo "set ESMF_F90COMPILEr = $(ESMF_F90COMPILER)"
endif

resulting in the error "Srcfiles: No such file or directory"

One user found that commenting out these lines enabled the model to
compile properly, but another user got additional errors when trying this.

In other news, we have updated GPI (F10.7, Kp) and OMNI (IMF, solar
wind) files through the end of 2016.  They are located in:

http://download.hao.ucar.edu/pub/tgcm/data/gpi_1960001-2017019.nc
and
http://download.hao.ucar.edu/pub/tgcm/data/imf_OMNI_2016001-2016366.nc

Thanks,