[Tgcmgroup] new post-processor

Ben Foster foster at hao.ucar.edu
Wed Dec 19 16:34:06 MST 2007

Hi tgcmgroup:

I have completed a first draft of a new post-processor called
"utproc". This is an IDL application with a GUI that reads
a time-series of tiegcm/timegcm history files and makes contour
plots of time vs pressure and time vs latitude.

To try this out, type "utproc" from an HAO Linux machine
(assuming that $TGCMROOT/bin is in your path). If you get
"command not found", type "rehash" and try again.

Once the main window is up, you can experiment w/ the GUI
to produce plots in an IDL draw window, or to a ps file.
There are Help buttons that provide information about how
to use the GUI.

This is only a first draft, so I'm sure there are bugs
and problems. Please contact me when you encounter them.
I also have several ideas in mind for improvements and
additional options, but please send me your ideas and
comments. I will work first on options with the greatest
demand.

--Ben

P.S., I am out of town Dec 22-29.