[Tgcmgroup] use of remaining scd machines

Ben Foster foster at hao.ucar.edu
Tue Jan 11 13:33:00 MST 2005

Hi tgcmgroup:

Now that blackforest and dave have been decommissioned, we can
use the remaining SCD machines as follows:

SGI tempest:
  This was the upgrade of dataproc, and is the best substitute
  for dave. You can run both tgcmproc_idl and tgcmproc_f90 on tempest.
  Your password should be the same as on the old dataproc machine.
  Add the following to your tempest .cshrc file for idl access:

  source /usr/local/idl/idl_6.1/bin/idl_setup

IBM Bluesky:
  Run the models and tgcmproc_f90 (idl is not available on bs).

Lightning:
  We are working on making the models available on this new
  linux cluster -- there are problems w/ pgf90 optimization.
  IDL is not available on lightning, and the f90 processor has
  not been built on lightning yet.  I will send out another
  announcement after these problems have been ironed out.

All of the above machines have access to the /hao disk.

--Ben