[Proflist] Abstract Submission Deadline Extended: Second Symposium on the Joint Center for Satellite Data Assimilation at 2014 AMS Meeting:

George Ohring - NOAA Affiliate george.ohring at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 1 10:07:00 MDT 2013

*THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AUGUST 19,
2013*

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to inform you that we have agreed with the American
Meteorological Society to arrange a "Second Symposium on the Joint Center
for Satellite Data Assimilation" as part of the "10th Annual Symposium on
New Generation Operational Environmental Satellite Systems" during the 2014
AMS Annual Meeting in Atlanta.

The JCSDA Symposium will take place on Thursday, February 6, and this year
the primary focus will be on the scientific and technical activities of
JCSDA and its partners. In particular we solicit contributions in the
following areas:

 - Data Impact Studies
 - Preparation for Assimilation of Data from New Sensors and Satellites
 - The Role of Satellite Data in Numerical Weather Prediction
 - The Role of Satellite Data on the Current and Potential Future use of
Satellite Data in Air Quality, Ocean, and Climate Prediction Systems

The call for papers is open at the following link:

http://annual.ametsoc.org/2014/index.cfm/programs-and-events/conferences-and-symposia/second-symposium-on-the-joint-center-for-satellite-data-assimilation/

Please be aware of the deadline for abstract submissions, which is August
1. We look forward to receiving your contributions!

Lars Peter Riishojgaard, JCSDA (Symposium Program Chair)
Stan Benjamin, NOAA/OAR
Sid Boukabara, NOAA/NESDIS
Bill Lapenta, NOAA/NWS
Pat Phoebus, NRL