[Proflist] looking for help with research project

Fredric Cheyette flcheyette at amherst.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:49:37 MST 2009

I am looking for a graduate student or post-doc with expertise in
interpreting pollen data for help with on ongoing research project on
the transformation of the European countryside between the third and the
eleventh century.  I laid out the general problem in a recent
publication "The disappearance of the ancient landscape and the climatic
anomaly of the early Middle Ages: a question to be pursued," /Early
Medieval Europe/  2008 (preprint available on my website,
> http://www3.amherst.edu/~flcheyette/Publications/Transformation%20for%20web.pdf)
The nature of the ongoing project is suggested at the end of the article.
A Mellon foundation grant will help pay for data collection, computer
time, and travel, but, alas,  not for salaries.  I am eager to hear from
any graduate student or post-doc with the required expertise who might
be interested in participating.
Fredric Cheyette
Emeritus professor of history, Amherst College
flcheyette at amherst.edu