[Proflist] Climate text?

Alan Robock robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
Thu May 1 07:26:55 MDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I will teach a senior-level course in climate and climate change this
Fall for our Meteorology majors.  Can you recommend a textbook? I have
used Hartmann's Physical Climatology for a graduate course, and right
now plan to use it for this course, but I have heard that undergrads
think it is too high level.  Do you know of other books that I can use
to teach about the climate system and about climate change?  Of course,
I will also use the IPCC reports for the second part.

Alan

Alan Robock, Professor II
   Director, Meteorology Undergraduate Program
   Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences        Phone: +1-732-932-9800 x6222
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock