[Proflist] Tenure Track Faculty Position, University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Mark Anderson mra at unl.edu
Fri Nov 10 15:55:25 MST 2006

Faculty Position in Meteorology: The Department of Geosciences at the
University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks candidates for a tenure-track
Assistant Professor in Meteorology to begin August 13, 2007. This hire
is one component of a broader initiative within the
Meteorology/Climatology program to study meteorological hazards and
climate change.  The linchpin of this initiative is the addition of
several new faculty hires, especially in the areas of: 1) mesoscale
meteorology, 2) hydrometeorology, and 3) boundary layer meteorology.  We
are therefore seeking applicants with expertise in one or more of these
three areas. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a
vigorous research program and to provide quality teaching and advising,
as well as curriculum development, at the undergraduate and graduate
levels. A Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science or a closely related discipline
at the time of appointment is required. Female and ethnic candidates are
especially urged to apply.

The Meteorology/Climatology program along with Geology, Paleontology,
and Hydrological Sciences serve as the four primary units within the
Department of Geosciences.  The department offers a B.S. degree in
Meteorology/Climatology and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Geosciences with
specializations in Meteorology/Climatology. Additional information on
the Meteorology Program can be found on our Web site:
http://geosciences.unl.edu.

To apply, go to http://employment.unl.edu requisition 060927 and
complete the "faculty/administrative form". Applicants must submit a
cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching
interests, and names of a least three references via the above website.
We also ask that all applicants request their references to send letters
via email directly to the Chair of the Search Committee at:
roglesby2 at unl.edu.   We will begin to review applications on December
15, but the position will remain open until it is filled.

The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus
community through Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, and is
responsive to the needs of dual career couples. We assure reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.  For further
information, contact Dr. Robert Oglesby, Search Committee Chair by
email, phone, or mail at: roglesby2 at unl.edu; 1.402.472.1507; Department
of Geosciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 214 Bessey Hall, Lincoln
NE 68588-0340.

Mark R. Anderson

Associate Professor

Meteorology/Climatology Program           mra at unl.edu
Department of Geosciences                 (402) 472-6656
305b Bessey Hall                          (402) 472-2663 main office
University of Nebraska-Lincoln            (402) 472-4917   fax
Lincoln, NE  68588-0340