[Nsa] Feedback on ESPAT priority themes

Jadwiga (Yaga) Richter jrichter at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 29 12:56:32 MST 2024

Dear Colleagues,

Since October I have been gathering input across NCAR on the Earth System
Predictability Across Timescales (ESPAT) Initiative via lab townhalls,
small group discussions and most recently and internal workshop with the
cross-NCAR working groups (ESPP, AIM, SEAL) and group of leadership from
across NCAR. We have arrived at several potential key focus areas and
subsequent priority themes for the ESPAT effort  that would provide a
unifying direction for work across the center. We’re going to continue to
refine these priority themes based on input from NCAR staff as well as the
community, in large part at the April 10 - 12 Earth System Predictability
Across Timescales Workshop <https://ncar.ucar.edu/predictability>.

I’ll be hosting two sessions next week to offer another opportunity for
feedback on these priority themes and focus areas and identify additional
gaps. Please join me in-person or virtually on March 6 at Foothills 1 from
1-2:30 p.m. and March 7 at the Mesa Lab from 10:30 a.m.-noon. Please see
the Sundog announcement <https://sundog.ucar.edu/page/8304> with links to
calendar invites.

I invite you to join me in one of those sessions and/or at the April
workshop if you’re interested in learning more and contributing your input.

Thank you,

Yaga
--

(Yaga) H. Richter, PhD (she/hers)*

Special Projects Lead to the NCAR Director

U. S. National Science Foundation National Center for Atmospheric
Research (NSF NCAR)

P. O. Box 3000 Boulder, CO 80307   USA

Phone: 303-497-2613

Cell: 303 - 818 - 9883