[Nsa] Nominate your colleagues for the UCAR Awards

Antonio Busalacchi tonyb at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 17 09:46:58 MDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

As 2023 rushes on, I have been reflecting on our collective accomplishments
this year. I want to extend my deep appreciation for your dedication to our
mission and your excellence in advancing Earth system science. Thank you
for all that you do.

I am reaching out to you, as leaders and members of the NCAR Scientists’
Assembly, the Early Career Scientists’ Assembly, and the Software
Engineering Assembly, to ask that you consider nominating the work of your
colleagues for the 2023 Distinguished Achievement or Outstanding
Accomplishment awards. These awards, which include a number of categories,
are our yearly chance to recognize your world-class research and the impact
it has had on our organization. The nominations received for the UCAR
Awards represent the best of us, as chosen by you and your peers, and I
hope you will consider being involved.

Nominations are open for a few more weeks — until 5 p.m. MDT on Friday,
Sept. 8. Any staff member can nominate, and self nominations are
encouraged. You can find information about how to submit a nomination on
Sundog
<https://sundog.ucar.edu/Interact/Pages/Content/Document.aspx?id=5849&SearchId=257343&utm_source=interact&utm_medium=quick_search&utm_term=awards>
.

Finally, I hope to see many of you in person at this year’s Celebration of
Excellence, on Friday, Nov. 10, as we mark the close of another outstanding
year of science.

Thank you, as always, for your work,

Tony

Antonio J. Busalacchi
President
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000, USA
Tel: (+1) 303-497-1652
Email: tonyb at ucar.edu
Web: http://president.ucar.edu

Joanna Schmitz