[Nsa] Apply to join Mentoring Program Steering Committee by this Friday

Andrew Newman anewman at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 30 14:20:26 MST 2020

A reminder that applications are due by COB this Friday December 4th to
join the steering committee of the new mentoring program.  There are still
openings available for scientists, so please consider applying if you are
interested!

The new mentoring program for all staff will be piloted in 2021 and aims to
connect employees interested in being a mentor or mentee in our
organization. Participation in this pilot is open to all career paths and
job categories, and has been designed to be flexible to provide mentoring
for the wide variety of needs our staff have (e.g., career guidance, new
employee orientation, technical skill development, etc).

The Staff Mentoring Pilot will be overseen by a Program Lead and a Steering
Committee of staff volunteers from across the organization who advise the
Program Lead.  Members of the Steering Committee will represent various job
categories in our organization, as well as provide diverse representation
from the three organizational entities. The Steering Committee will help
recruit participants for the Staff Mentoring Pilot, as well as participate
in selecting and matching mentors/mentees for the pilot.  Recruitment,
selection, and matching will occur twice per year.  We estimate that
volunteers might spend up to 30 hours in a given year participating in
Steering Committee activities.

Anyone interested in applying to serve as a volunteer on the Steering
Committee can apply by filling out this google form
<https://forms.gle/hDEyQPgfSw5AAPyB6> by December 4th.  We are seeking
volunteers from all job categories in the organization.

Any questions can be directed to Sarah Tessendorf (saraht at ucar.edu) or Sue
Brundege (brundege at ucar.edu).

Andy Newman
on behalf of the NSA-EC
<https://internal-ncar.ucar.edu/nsa/nsa-executive-committee>

--
Andrew Newman, Ph.D.
Research Applications Laboratory/Hydrometeorology Applications Program
ph: 303-497-8456, email: anewman at ucar.edu