[ncl-talk] My label bar labels fall off the bottom of the page

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:29:09 MDT 2024

Hi Barry,
Try leaving a bit of space at the bottom of the plot by setting the
gsnPanelBottom
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/gsn.shtml#gsnPanelBottom>
resource to something like this:
pnlres at gsnPanelBottom = 0.05
If that doesn't work let the group know!
Best,
Adam

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 12:15 AM Barry Lynn via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> These changes made a difference, although I don't think the margin setting
> did anything.
>
> The spacing is not ideal, of course.
>
>    pnlres at lbTitleDirection = "Across"            ; title direction
>
>     pnlres at pmLabelBarWidthF      = 0.55
>
>     pnlres at pmLabelBarHeightF     = 0.15
>
>     pnlres at lbTopMarginF = 0.001
>
>     pnlres at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.018  ; position wrt plot
>
>     pnlres at lbLabelOffsetF = 0.01
>
>     pnlres at lbTitleOffsetF =   -0.70;closer to
>
>     pnlres at gsnMaximize        = True
>
>     pnlres at gsnPaperMargin = 1.2
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 7:18 AM Barry Lynn <barry.h.lynn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> My label bar labels do not appear.  I've tried various approaches.  The
>> offset parameter doesn't seem to change anything. Nor does setting the
>> paper margin. So, I can't see the title of the label bar as well.
>>
>> Here are some settings.
>>
>>    pnlres at lbTitleDirection = "Across"            ; title direction
>>
>>     pnlres at pmLabelBarWidthF      = 0.55
>>
>>     pnlres at pmLabelBarHeightF     = 0.15
>>
>>     pnlres at lbTopMarginF = 0.001
>>
>>     pnlres at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.05   ; position wrt plot
>>
>>      pnlres at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.02  ; position wrt plot
>>
>>     pnlres at lbLabelOffsetF = 0.1
>>
>>     pnlres at lbTitleOffsetF =   -0.52;
>>
>>     pnlres at lbBoxSeparatorLinesOn  = False
>>
>> ;   pnlres at amJust = "BottomRight"
>>
>>     pnlres at amJust = "TopLeft"
>>
>>     pnlres at gsnPanelFigureStringsFontHeightF = 0.0100
>>
>>     pnlres at gsnMaximize        = True
>>
>>     pnlres at gsnPaperMargin = 0.8
>>
>> --
>>
>> Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
>> Senior Scientist, Lecturer,
>> The Institute of Earth Sciences,
>> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
>> Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
>> Tel: 972 547 231 170
>> Fax: (972)-25662581
>>
>> Weather It Is, LTD
>> Weather and Climate Focus
>> https://weather-it-is.com <http://weather-it-is.com>
>> Jerusalem, Israel
>> Cell: 054 7 231 170
>> Int-IS: x972 2 930 9525
>>

> --
>
> Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
> Senior Scientist, Lecturer,
> The Institute of Earth Sciences,
> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
> Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
> Tel: 972 547 231 170
> Fax: (972)-25662581
>
> Weather It Is, LTD
> Weather and Climate Focus
> https://weather-it-is.com <http://weather-it-is.com>
> Jerusalem, Israel
> Cell: 054 7 231 170
> Int-IS: x972 2 930 9525

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist IV, Climate Analysis Section
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/asphilli/