[ncl-talk] *******Position of shape-file move to the right by narrowing the lat/lon*******

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 5 17:54:53 MDT 2024

Hi Setareh,
See example #2 here for how to zoom in on a plot when you are
using wrf_map_resources:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrfzoom.shtml#ex2
Best,
Adam

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 4:26 AM Setareh Rahimi via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear NCL users,
>
> I tried to plot the total precipitation for 2021-03_12 (24 hours), using
> the attached script. However, once I tried to zoom in on the study area to
> better show the result by shortening the lat/lon range I noticed the
> position of the shapefile on the plot was not correct ( it moved to the
> right). How can I fix the shape file to the right position? ( please check
> the attached images).
>
> please help me to sole this issue.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> S.Rahimi

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist IV, Climate Analysis Section
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/asphilli/