[ncl-talk] Save output as a NetCDF or tiff file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 13 17:56:53 MST 2023

By netCDF definition, a coordinate variable must be one-dimensional:

The XLAT, XLONG variables are three dimensional.

Time | 24] x [south_north | 229] x [west_east | 219]

As with the WRF files, these must be written as regular variables.

     ncdf->XLAT     = XLAT
     ncdf->XLONG = XLONG

Most commonly, the XLAT/XLONG variables do not vary with time. Hence some
users just write the initial values as a two-dimensional variable

     ncdf->XLAT     = XLAT(0,:,:)
     ncdf->XLONG = XLONG(0,:,:)