[ncl-talk] Save output as a NetCDF or tiff file

Setareh Rahimi setareh.rahimi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:41:02 MST 2023

Thank you so much for your help. How can I assign lat/lon to the AOD,
please?
I used the below lines in the script but received the following error:
" fatal:(XLAT)
is not a named dimension in variable (a2)".

       system("/bin/rm -f AOD550_2D.nc")    ; remove any pre-existing file

       ncdf = addfile("AOD550_2D.nc" ,"c")  ; open output netCDF file

    ;===================================================================

    ; create global attributes of the file (optional)

    ;===================================================================

       fAtt               = True            ; assign file attributes

       fAtt at title         = "Derived AOD"

       fAtt at creation_date = systemfunc ("date")

       fileattdef( ncdf, fAtt )            ; copy file attributes

    ;===================================================================

    ; make time an UNLIMITED dimension; recommended  for most applications

    ;===================================================================

       filedimdef(ncdf,"time",-1,True)

    ;===================================================================

    ; output variables directly; NCL will call appropriate functions

    ; to write the meta data associated with each variable

    ;===================================================================

       ncdf->AOD550_2D  = AOD550_2D

      ncdf->a2  = a2(0,:,:,:)

      AOD550_2D!0    = "lat"

      AOD550_2D!1    = "lon"

             AOD550_2D&lat  = a2&XLAT
here is printVarSummary of "a2"

Variable: a2

Type: float

Total Size: 144434880 bytes

            36108720 values

Number of Dimensions: 4

Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 24] x [bottom_top | 30] x [south_north | 229]
x [west_east | 219]

Coordinates:

            Time: [   0..  23]

Number Of Attributes: 6

  coordinates : XLONG XLAT XTIME

  stagger :

  units : ?

  description : bin 2 layer optical thickness

  MemoryOrder : XYZ

  FieldType : 104

S.Rahimi