[ncl-talk] Cross section plot for AOD

Setareh Rahimi setareh.rahimi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:59:46 MDT 2023

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your advice. It seems that there is no defined coordinate for
"level". I checked the coordinate for the level for another variable but
found nothing, below is a summary of the tested variable as you suggested:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Variable: d

Type: float

Total Size: 294887880 bytes

            73721970 values

Number of Dimensions: 4

Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 49] x [bottom_top | 30] x [south_north | 229]
x [west_east | 219]

Coordinates:

Number Of Attributes: 6

  FieldType : 104

  MemoryOrder : XYZ

  description : dust loss by wet deposition for size 5

  units : ug/kg-dryair

  stagger :

  coordinates : XLONG XLAT XTIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is prinVarSummary for AOD :

Variable: AOD550_3D

Type: float

Total Size: 6018120 bytes

            1504530 values

Number of Dimensions: 4

Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 1] x [level | 30] x [south_north | 229] x
[west_east | 219]

Coordinates:

            Time: [  24..  24]

Number Of Attributes: 3

  description : AOD550_3D

  long_name : AOD550_3D

  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36

So in this case what is your suggestion, please?

kind regards,

--
S.Rahimi