[ncl-talk] Calculation of vertical vapor flux divergence from WRF out file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sat Jul 15 12:05:37 MDT 2023

There are no specific functions or examples to calculate vertical vapor
flux divergence:

(1/g*[d(qw)/dz])

from a WRF output.
=================

I do not remember much about WRF output.

Generically:

QW = Q*W

dQWdz = *center_finite_diff_n*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/center_finite_diff_n.shtml>
(QW,'z',False,0,0)

There are several examples for doing this type of activity on 'regular/
rectilinear' grids with pressure [also, hybrid levels]:
*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wind.shtml*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wind.shtml>

Good Luck