[ncl-talk] Issue with shapefile highways showing up on map

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun Aug 20 16:18:52 MDT 2023

This might be a known issue, swapped X and Y coordinates in the shapefile
reader.  Verify by changing your plot region, and see if the features show
up in a different place on the globe.  The alternate location is
predictable.
https://github.com/NCAR/ncl/issues/176

This was never fully investigated.  This may be due to a version update in
one of the support libraries, such as GDAL, on your new machine.  There is
a suggested workaround in that issue.