[ncl-talk] regrid tri-polar grid to rectilinear

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 18:20:24 MDT 2023

Hi Micah

Regridding can take a long time, depending on the resolution of the input/output grids.

If you’re likely to perform the same regridding operation regularly, then you can save a lot of time by saving the regrid weight files (the generation of these is the ‘slow’ bit) which can then be re-used in future regrid operations. For that approach, I **strongly** recommend that you use the ESMF regrid tools (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml)

All the best,
Will