[ncl-talk] question about gsn_csm_xy

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Thu May 26 06:59:40 MDT 2022

My interpretation of the function documentation is that a single "curve"
will be drawn for 1-D arrays,  and multiple "curves" will be drawn for 2-D
arrays.  So you are basically comparing two different kinds of plots.

If you are plotting markers only, then I would expect the two plots to be
about the same.  But there could easily be visible effects that are due to
minor differences between the two plot modes, such as the way that
overlapping markers are handled.  I do not have a better explanation for
your density effect.