[ncl-talk] Question on ocean/inland water fill

Andrew Kren - NOAA Federal andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 13 10:52:24 MDT 2022

Hi there,

I have a random question. I am plotting surface smoke from the HRRR but
decided to add color to the ocean and inland water. When I plotted data for
Alaska, since the HRRR domain only extends so far, the "cyan" color I chose
ends up becoming noticeable outside the plotted region. I believe the
reason the color shade is off is because I set a fill opacity less than 1,
which makes the ocean in the plotted region lighter. See plotted image of
the discrepancy.

My question is, is there a way to get these two to match up without having
to change the fill opacity? Alternatively, I tried to set the ocean fill
color to the RGB triplet of the lighter ocean from the contour fill, but
NCL gave an error.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks.

--

Andrew Kren