[ncl-talk] height issue

ali mughal mughalali655 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:58:45 MST 2022

Dear NCL community

I attach the output from two ncl scripts. The first one
(Seabreeze_hourly_Ind_avg.png)  interpolates temperature and wind field to
the first pressure level from WRF out file. If I convert the pressure level
to the height in m it comes out to be 10 m. The 2nd output I obtain by
using the following method instead of using the first pressure level

levels = (/30.,35.,40.,45.,50.,55.,60.,65.,70.,75.,80.,85.,90./)
nlevels=dimsizes(levels)

do level=0, nlevels-1

  height=levels(level)
  u_plane = wrf_user_intrp3d( u,z,"h",height,0.,False)
  v_plane = wrf_user_intrp3d( v,z,"h",height,0.,False)
  ta_mean_plane = wrf_user_intrp3d(ta_mean ,z,"h",height,0.,False)
  U_1=u_plane(0,:,:)
  V_1=v_plane(0,:,:)
 ta_mean_1=ta_mean_plane(0,:,:)
 tc2=ta_mean_1-273

As you can see that the first level is 30m, considerably higher than the
first pressure level but in the first plot, there are no white spaces which
mean every thing is plotted above the terrain while in the second plot
there are white spaces meaning these are points below the terrain.
Can someone kindly let me know how I can remove this difference ?

Regards

Ali