[ncl-talk] Calculating Dew point temperature at given level in a WRF file.

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 11:01:27 MST 2022

Dear Zilore,I hope attached file could help you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Ehsan Taghizadeh

    On Saturday, February 19, 2022, 01:13:15 AM GMT+3:30, Zilore Mumba via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

 Can someone help me with a simple script to calculate dew point temperature (td) at say 500hPa on a WRF file. Specifically I am trying to calculate Total total index which is given as TTI=T(850 mb) + Td(850 mb) - 2[T(500 mb)].To start with I have the script below which is supposed to give me td. Somehow I am not able to go beyond this. print(td) prints what looks like surface dew points at all grid points. Whatever number I put instead of 6 in my script, the temperatures printed seem to be the same.Alternatively if someone has a script which calculates TTI, I will appreciate it if they can share.
begin
;---Open WRF output file.
  dir      = "/home/zmumba/DA/OUTPUT/2021081900/noda/"
  filename = "wrfout_d01_2021-08-19_00:00:00"
  f = addfile(dir + filename + ".nc","r")
  QVAPOR = f->QVAPOR(0,6,:,:)
    PB     = f->PB(0,6,:,:)
    p      = P + PB