[ncl-talk] Convert lambert to regular lat-lon

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 22 13:53:06 MST 2022

For changing the plot, do not transform or regrid the data.  Continue to
pass data and coordinates to the plot functions, exactly as done in your
original version.

Just use resource mpProjection to switch to one of the many other supported
plot projections.  Also you may need to change mpLimitMode and set some
related resources for the desired visible plot boundaries.  Note that the
best type of mpLimitMode and related limits changes for different plot
projections.

For lat-lon, check out cylindrical equidistant vs. cylindrical equal area.
To start, look at "Map Only" example 2, which uses one of the cylindricals
by default.