[ncl-talk] Vertical Integration of cloud water mixing ratio from WRF out file

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:57:28 MST 2022

Hi:

>From what you wrote, that would be precipitable water.

You can zero out the levels you don't want to keep, and then calculate pw.

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_getvar.shtml

The difficulty is zeroing it out and then writing it back to the wrf
output.

The easiest thing to do would be to request the function for pw and then
modify it the way you want, and then call it.

However, I have calculated precipitable water before and maybe able to find
it for you.

I will try to take a look.

Barry