[ncl-talk] Fw: Skew-T

Cathy Smith cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 26 07:36:07 MDT 2022

Hi

I don't have such a script. But, I have read similar data in odd
formats. What was helpful in the absence of NCL code (which IS tedious
for weird text) is to preprocess the data in a scripting language,
sed/awk, Perl etc. Perl I am most familar with and it is very flexible
when reading values, spaces, etc. It was made for text processing! :)
But other langauges also can do this.

You then write it out in a way that NCL can read more easily.

Cathy Smith

On 4/25/22 7:29 PM, Dennis Shea via ncl-talk wrote:
> Not sure what to say.
>
> [1] To my knowledge, no one has written a function to decode a SYNOP
> message.
>
> [2] asciiread and  parsing sequences (checking for spaces, / and =
> etc) is tedious programming.
>
> Maybe someone in the NCL world has their own script thay could share.
>
> Sorry
>

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 1:57 PM Ehsan Taghizadeh via ncl-talk
> <ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>     I'd sent the following reply to ncl-talk-bounces at mailman.ucar.edu,
>     by mistake.

>     /Sincerely,/
>     /Ehsan Taghizadeh/

NOAA PSL and CU CIRES
https://psl.noaa.gov/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses by emailing
psl.data at noaa.gov