[ncl-talk] How to make the out of boundary white

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 25 08:34:10 MDT 2022

Dana, there is more than one way to make surrounding areas white.  I
modified NCL example mask_4.ncl to show Jordan with surrounding areas
white.  See the two attached plots.  Both examples use NCL built-in country
outlines, not shape files.  Earth..4 has higher resolution outlines.  You
can see that there was some change to the border of Jordan between Earth..2
and Earth..4.

Please compare the attached NCL scripts with mask_4.ncl to see what I
changed.