[ncl-talk] How to mask the levels stratosphere/troposphere to obtain the VMR in the trop or strat

adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Apr 1 10:15:33 MDT 2022

Hi everyone

I have a doubt and I don't know how to do it.

I have the variable vmr(t,lev,lat,on)
and I want to calculate the vmr for the stratosphere and the
troposphere.
For that I was using:
o31 = f-> O3
pp1 = pres_hybrid_ccm(ps1,p0,hyai,hybi)
pp1 = pp1/100.
p_strat = where(o31.gt.150*1.e-09,pp1,0.)
so with that I obtain the pressure at the interface level above 150ppb
ozone level (mask for the stratosphere)

But then.....how can I use this to mask the levels in my variable VMR?
I think I need the index of the levels, but I don't realize how to do
it.

I really appreciate any help

Cheers

Adriana

--
Adriana Bossolasco
LPC2E UMR 7328 (CNRS, Université d'Orléans)
e-mail: adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr